Filipino Kangkong Fritters
- 1 bunch or tali of Kangkong
- 3 cups of Iced cold water (must add Ice cubes)
- 2 cups Cooking Oil for Deep frying
For Batter Recipe
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Egg
For Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Calamansi or Lemon Juice
- pinch of Sugar
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 pcs Siling Labuyo or 1 Chili (optional)
- Wash and clean the Kangkong
- Remove the leaves of kangkong then cut stems to 2 inches long. Set aside.
- Soak the leaves and stalk in the Iced wateer for 15 minutes
- Mix all the dipping sauce ingredients and set aside
- In a deep bowl mix all the batter ingredients, mix well until the batter is smooth
- Drain and pat dry the Kangkong leaves and stalks using paper towels.
- In a frying pan pour the cooking oil and heat it.
- Dip the leaves and stalks into the batter then fry it. You can fry it by four to five pieces at a time depends on the size of your frying pan.
- Cook until the leaves become crispy or for about 40 seconds to 1 minute on each side.
- Once cooked remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with the dipping sauce