Clam Soup (Tinolang Halaan)
- 1 lb. shell clams (packaged)
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed and drained
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 thumb ginger, julienned
- 3 cups water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Boil the water in a stockpot.
- Add the ginger and onion. Cover and continue to boil in medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir-in the clams. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add-in the spinach. Cover and cook for a minute more.
- Sprinkle some salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.