- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 tbsp sweet corn kernel
- 4 cups fresh coconut milk
- 1/2 c. grated frozen buko (optional)
- Boil thick coconut milk in a saucepan until the oil is extracted and the precipitate forms into a dark brown color. This is called latik.
- Drain the latik from the oil and set aside.
- Grease a 13-inch rectangular dish with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, blend rice flour, sugar,sweet corn kernels, cornstarch, and fresh coconut milk. Stir in grated buko (if used).
- Boil over slow heat, stirring constantly to prevent lumps, until mixture is clear for about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour hot mixture into prepared dish and allow to set.
- Sprinkle latik on top. Cool before slicing.