Cream Of Crab Soup
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 1 Quart Half & Half, or whole milk
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon mace
- 1 Dash cayenne
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Pound crab meat, jumbo lump Maryland Blue Crab
- 1/4 Cup sherry
- 2 Tablespoons all?purpose flour,
- mixed with 1 Tablespoon water or warm milk
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter until transparent.
- Add chicken broth and slowly pour in milk. Add all seasonings
- except sherry. Add the crab meat (cleaned of all shells) and
- simmer for 15 minutes.
- Make a paste of about 2 tablespoon flour and a little water or
- warm milk mixture. Stir paste into soup to thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat, stir in sherry and serve.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.