Adobong Tahong or Mussels
Before you cook the tahong or mussels, be sure you clean mussels by washing and scrubbing them to remove dirt and grains of sand. Mussels that are already open prior to cooking should be discarded, they are already dead. On the other hand, discard mussels that remain closed even when cooked, they are also already dead and should not be consumed.
- 1 kilo of tahong shelled
- 6 tbsp. of vinegar
- 7 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. of salt
- corn oil
- Boil tahong in vinegar and a small amount of water.
- Add salt and crushed garlic.
- As soon as the liquid dries out, add cooking oil.
- Cook for 5 minutes and remove from fire.