Adobong Sitaw with Tofu
- 20 to 25 pieces string beans, cut into 2 ½ inch length
- 3 pieces extra firm tofu (about 3 oz. per piece), fried until medium brown
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the fried tofu into squares. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute garlic and onion until the onion is soft.
- Put-in the sliced tofu. Add soy sauce and water. Let boil.
- Pour-in the vinegar. Let it reboil.
- Add the string beans. Stir and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.