* 1 Kilo Lapu-lapu Fish
* 1 1/2 cup Canola Oil (for deep frying)
* 1/3 cup white vinegar
* 6 tablespoons brown sugar
* 3 table spoons tomato ketchup
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 thumb-sized Ginger,sliced in strips
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 medium-sized onions, cut into 8 pieces
* 1 medium sized carrot, julienne
* 1/2 cup red and green pepper, sliced in strips
* 2 green onions, sliced for garnishing
* 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
* 2 tablespoons cornstarch, diluted with 2-3 tablespoons water
Lapu-lapu escabeche or lapu lapu sweet and sour
* Clean the Lapu-lapu fish and remove the internals, make a diagonal slice on each side of the fish
* Then rub salt on it and inside the fish cavity
* Deep Fry the Lapu-lapu fish in a deep frying pan.
* Once done, remove the fish from the pan and drain excess oil with paper towels.
How to prepare the sweet and sour sauce.
* Combine the vinegar, sugar, tomato ketchup, salt and ginger.
* Add the cornstarch mixture then mix well.
* Now add tomatoes, onions, carrot, tomatoes, garlic, red pepper and the other ingredients.
* Boil once. Make sure the sauce is slightly thickened and not runny.
* Pour the sauce on fried Lapu-lapu and serve immediately.
* Garnish with green onions.