- 1 lb chicken, chopped into serving pieces
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine sake, mirin, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a bowl or freezer bag then mix well.
- Add the chicken and marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Grill the chicken until both sides are cooked. Since the chicken is marinated with sugar, try to use low heat if possible to cook the meat without easily burning the skin. Set aside.
- Heat a small saucepan and pour-in the remaining marinade. Add proportional amounts of soy sauce and sugar plus a little water if necessary. Let boil.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens. Turn-off heat.
- Place the chicken in a serving plate then top with Teriyaki Sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds, if needed.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.