Meatballs in Tomato Balsamic Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cans (14.5oz.ea.) Del Monte® No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes, not drained
- 1 lb. frozen pre-cooked beef or turkey meatballs
- 1 can (8oz.) Del Monte® Tomato Sauce
- 1½ tsps. chopped fresh rosemary [or 1/2 tsp. chopped dried rosemary]
- Heat olive oil in a deep 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in vinegar; simmer 1 minute or until almost evaporated.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and rosemary; bring to a simmer.
- Add meatballs and return to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until meatballs are heated through and sauce is slightly thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over pasta, in sandwich rolls or slider buns or as an appetizer.