Tuna Fish Sisig
Preparation Time 10 minutes plus 15 minutes to marinate tuna. Cooking time is 20 minutes.
- 1/2 kilogram tuna fish fillet, cubed
- 1 sachet 8 gram MAGGI Magic Sarap
- 1/4 cup MAGGI Savor Calamansi
- Cooking oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Savor Classic
- crushed pork chicharon (pork rind)
- Marinate tuna in MAGGI Savor Calamansi for at least 15 minutes.
- Fry marinated tuna until brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Heat oil and saute onions for 30 seconds. Stir In prepared tuna
- and season with MAGGI Magic Sarap(optional)
- Transfer on a heated and buttered sizzling plate. Top with crushed
- chicharon if desired.
- 250 grams bamboo shoots(labong),sliced
- 50 grams medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, sliced thinkly
- salt and pepper to taste
Tips in cooking of Ginataang Labong:
- 3 pieces green chili(siling haba), chopped(optional)
- 1 bundle chili leaves or jute leaves(saluyot)(optional)
- 1 small can tomato sardines(optional)
- In a pot, pour water and add bamboo shoots, uncover and bring to boil for 20-30 minutes or until soften. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger.
- Pour coconut milk and bring to boil over low heat. Stir constantly.
- Add cooked bamboo shoots, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add shrimp and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add chopped chili and vegetables.
- Simmer for another minute or until thicken, turn off the heat. Serve hot.